Travelling overseas? Top tips on staying safe
Everyone loves an overseas adventure – all that planning, dreaming and anticipation leading up to what should be one of the best experiences of your life.
It is important that you put some planning into ensuring the safety of you and your family while travelling. Here are our top tips for making sure you have a safe and enjoyable holiday overseas.
- Check for any government travel warnings for your destination
- Register your travel at www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Get appropriate Travel Insurance to cover your trip
- Always pack your bags yourself and do not carry anything for anyone else
- Have access to multiple sources of money
- Always follow the law of your destination country and respect the local customs
- Ensure that you have received all the health checks and vaccinations that are required for your destination
- Check food and water consumption recommendations in your destination
- Pack any prescribed medication with a letter from your doctor verifying that you have a condition requiring this medication
Insurance issued by CGU Insurance Limited (CGU) ABN 27 004 478 371 AFSL 238291. Any advice is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (“your personal circumstances”). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase the insurance policy, you should consider your personal circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available on australianmilitarybank.com.au/insurance/travel-insurance.