Tailored rates available for cars, motorbikes and boats that are less than 5 years old. Members with a deposit of 20% or more of the purchase price of the car will be eligible for the lowest interest rate tier (Subject to normal lending criteria).
in under 15 minutes
Key features of the Car Loan are:
- Tailored interest rates based on your personal credit history
- Loans from $1,000 to $80,000
- Loan terms from 1-7 years
- Maximum car age of less than 5 years
- Motorbikes included; maximum motorbike age of less than 5 years
- Boats included; maximum boat age of less than 5 years
- The ability to make extra repayments or pay off your loan early without penalty
- Flexible repayment frequency - pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Optional redraw facility – redraw fees apply
- The option to make repayments straight from your salary
- Loan repayment insurance available
- $10 monthly fee
1300 13 23 28 or by visiting your nearest branch.
Rates & Fees
Here’s a summary of the rates and fees for the Car Loan:
- Interest Rate: from 5.71% p.a. to 8.66% p.a. (Based on your personal credit history)
- Comparison rate*: from 6.57% p.a. to 10.07% p.a. (Based on your personal credit history)
*Comparison rate based on a $30,000 loan over 5 years unsecured. WARNING: The comparison rate is applicable only for the example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
- Application fee: from $100 to $500
- Monthly fee: $10
Additional fees, including a redraw fee and personal property security administration fee, may be payable. For more information please see our Schedule of Fees and Charges.
We get asked similar questions about our Car Loan so here are some common ones. If you have a different question, call us on 1300 13 23 28.
Yes. You can make additional repayments on the Car Loan, which could help you pay it off sooner.
Yes. If you’re ahead in your repayments, the Car Loan allows you to redraw extra funds if needed.
How old does my vehicle or boat have to be?
The car, motorbike or boat you purchase must be less than 5 years old.
Can I borrow for a motorbike or boat?
Yes, our Car Loan is also available for motorbikes and boats. If you’re unsure give us a call on 1300 13 23 28.
Can I choose my own loan term?
Yes, you can select any loan term up to 7 years. If you select a longer loan term but would like to pay your loan off sooner, you can also make additional payments without penalty.
How was my interest rate determined?
Amoungst other features, rates are determined by your credit score. Your credit score (also known as VedaScore) is a number calculated from information in your credit report provided by Veda. This information includes numbers of credit applications you have made to financial institutions, the number of defaults or court judgements listed and the age of your credit file.
For more information, click here.
When do I find out what interest rate and comparison rate I’ll receive?
If you apply in branch or over the phone, a lending specialist will be able to determine whether you’re approved as well as your interest and comparison rate after a short credit assessment. If you apply online, a lending specialist will be in touch within 24 hours to inform you of the outcome of your application and the relative interest and comparison rate.