Variable Rate Personal Loan
If you’re looking for a great value personal loan, our Variable Rate Personal Loan gives you flexibility, a competitive interest rate and fast approval.
in under 15 minutes
Key features of the Variable Rate Personal Loan are:
- Tailored interest rates based on your personal credit history
- Minimum loan size $1,000, maximum $80,000
- Loan terms from 1-7 years
- Unsecured Loan
- The ability to make extra repayments or pay off your loan early without penalty
- Flexible repayment frequency - pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Optional redraw facility – redraw fees apply
- The option to make repayments straight from your salary
- Loan repayment insurance available
- $10 monthly fee
1300 13 23 28, or visit your nearest branch.
Rates & Fees
Here's a summary of the rates and fees for the Variable Rate Personal Loan:
- Interest rate: from 7.88% p.a. to 18.82% p.a. (Based on your personal credit history)
- Comparison rate*: from 8.72% p.a. to 20.22 p.a. (Based on your personal credit history)
*Comparison rate based on a $30,000 loan over 5 years unsecured. WARNING: The comparison rate is applicable only for the example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
- Application fee: from $100 to $500
- Monthly fee: $10
Here are the most common questions we get asked about our Variable Rate Personal Loan. Have a different question? Call us on 1300 13 23 28.
Can I make extra repayments on my loan?
Yes, you can make additional repayments on your loan to reduce your overall loan term.
Can I redraw excess funds from my loan?
Yes, if you’re ahead in your repayments you have the option to redraw excess funds when you need them.
How much can I borrow?
You can borrow up to $80,000.
Can I choose my repayment frequency?
Yes. You can choose the repayment frequency that best suits you - weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
How long do I have to pay off my loan?
You can pay off your loan over a period of up to 7 years.
How was my interest rate determined?
Amongst other features, rates are determined by your credit score. Your credit score (also known as VedaScore) is a number calculated from information in your credit report provided by Veda. This information includes numbers of credit applications you have made to financial institutions, the number of defaults or court judgements listed and the age of your credit file.
For more information, click here.
When do I find out what interest rate and comparison rate I’ll receive?
If you apply in branch or over the phone, a lending specialist will be able to determine whether you’re approved as well as your interest and comparison rate after a short credit assessment. If you apply online, a lending specialist will be in touch within 24 hours to inform you of the outcome of your application and the relative interest and comparison rate.