A financial institution that appreciates what you do
We’ve been helping Australian Defence personnel and their families make the most of their money since 1959. As Australia’s longest serving Defence financial institution, we know a thing or two about the unique aspects of life in the armed services.
- have over 50,000 members;
- manage member funds in excess of $1.1 billion;
- run over 30 branches at major Defence bases in Australia; and
- provide our members with access to more than 3,400 ATMs Australia-wide as part of our affiliation with the NAB and rediATM network.
The story so far
We’ve been providing banking services to the Australian Defence Forces for over 50 years. A lot has happened in that time. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- 1959: Founded as the Navy (Civil Staff) Co-op. Ltd.
- 1960: First Annual General Meeting reports 160 members and loans to a value of £13,000
- 1970: Membership increases to 549
- 1971: Membership extended to civilian employees of the Army and RAAF in New South Wales
- 1975: Membership extended to all serving members of the Australian Navy
- 1983: We merge with Army Defence (NSW) Credit Union and rebrand as Australian Defence Credit Union (ADCU)
- 2009: We celebrate our 50th anniversary
- 2014: Achieve in excess of $1 billion funds under management
- 2015: Membership exceeds 50,000 and vote passed to change our name to Australian Military Bank
We're proud of the recognition we’ve achieved for our service and products.
- Our DIY Super Saver Account won the Money Magazine Award Best of the Best (Bank Category), 2015 and Canstar's 5 star rating for outstanding value.
- Our New Car Loan was been awarded Canstar’s 5 star rating for outstanding value and was awarded gold in Mozo's Experts Choice Awards 2015.
- Our Low Rate Visa Card was awarded the Mozo’s Experts’ Choice Award in 2014 and has achieved a Canstar 5 star rating for the last 3 years.
- Our Term Deposits were also awarded a bronze badge in the Medium Category in Mozo’s 2015 Experts Choice Awards.